You have the future of the planet at heart? Interest in smart and electrical mobility?
Effenco is a pioneer business in electrification and advanced connectivity of heavy-duty vocational vehicles. Our head office is located on the outskirts of the Lachine canal, in a historical building from the south-west industrialization era. The work atmosphere is typical of a technological start-up company, thus creative and casual. Created in 2006, this innovative business is in the high-growth phase and is looking to further expand its business unit on vehicle connectivity and data enhancements.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the process optimizations and to suggest new ideas. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment that enables you to progress in your career while achieving personal development.
The Data Engineer will integrate the Dev-IT team. In this role, the main responsibility will be to participate in the development and production of our new IoT and data platform. More specifically, he/she will have to:
- Define business needs in data terms.
- Plan, develop, test, and maintain enterprise data management systems.
- Use modern software deployment techniques (DevOps).
- Create or use tools for monitoring data pipelines.
- Identify and test new data management technologies.
- Automate tasks such as data cleansing and validation.
- Respond to analytical requests from various business intelligence stakeholders.
- Promote the democratization of data within the company.
- Any other related tasks.
- University degree in information systems, computer science, or equivalent.
- Experience with databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Experience with message brokers and pub-sub software.
- Experience using and developing REST APIs.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Experience with software development.
- Ability to communicate, present, and verbalize technical results or problems.
- Knowledge of data format specifics (Avro, Protobuf, Parquet, CSV, JSON, etc.).
- Mastery of the Git
- Bilingualism (French and English).
- Organizational management and rigor.
- Demonstrate autonomy, be curious, and self-taught.
Effenco is marketing a hybrid-electric system that electrifies auxiliary equipment on heavy-duty vocational vehicles. The system reduces fuel consumption, pollutant emissions, and engine hours by shutting down the combustion engine when the vehicle is stationary. Each electrified vehicle is equipped with a connectivity module that enables the acquisition of usage data. The data is transmitted in life and batch mode. To date, Effenco has connected nearly 400 vehicles across North America and Europe.
- Java, Kotlin, Python: NumPy, Pandas, Airflow, Flask, FastAPI, Pydantic;
- Go, Gitlab, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, REST, JWT, GitOps.
- A full-time permanent position with a flexible schedule.
- A company that offers real career opportunities.
- Inclusive and open-minded manager and direction.
- A company that appears on Global Cleantech 100.
- Hot coffee, nitrogen cold coffee, sparkling water, and beer available in the Effenco kegerator.
- Lunch provided on Friday at noon.
To apply, click here : [email protected]