You have the future of the planet at heart? Interest in smart and electrical mobility?
Effenco is a pioneer business in electrification and advanced connectivity of heavy-duty vocational vehicles. Our head office is located on the outskirts of the Lachine canal, in a historical building from the south-west industrialization era. The work atmosphere is typical of a technological start-up company, thus creative and casual. Created in 2006, this innovative business is in the high-growth phase and is looking to further expand its business unit on vehicle connectivity and data enhancements.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the process optimizations and to suggest new ideas. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment that enables you to progress in your career while achieving personal development.
The Electrical Systems Engineer will join the integration team and the main responsibility will be to ensure the integration of Effenco technology into customers’ vehicles. More specifically, he or she will have to :
- Take charge and/or support technical development projects with truck manufacturers and equipment manufacturers.
- Conduct technical feasibility studies to support strategic and business decision-making.
- Conceptualize and configure the connection and communication interfaces between Effenco electrical systems and customers’ vehicles.
- Configure and start up Effenco systems installed on customers’ vehicles.
- Provide technical support to start-up technicians.
- Participate in the design review of electrical components in collaboration with R&D and industrialization.
- Participate to the transfer of knowledge between the stakeholders of the project delivery process (industrialization, integration, and after-sales service).
- All other relevant tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, automated production, mechatronics or equivalent.
- Experience of 3 to 5 years in instrumentation and control.
- Experience in electrical diagnosis and software/hardware in a context of equipment commissioning.
- Experience in conceptualizing wiring systems.
- Experience working in the field of heavy vehicle transport or industrial production (an asset).
- Experience with data acquisition systems and data analysis (an asset).
- Experience in low-level programming (C, Grafcet, Structured text, PLC, microcontroller) (an asset).
- Bilingualism demonstrated orally and in writing (French and English), other languages (an asset).
- Knowledge of power electronic for automotive.
- Knowledge of vehicle communication protocols (CAN/J1939 an asset).
- Advanced knowledge of the Office 365 Suite and collaborative tools (e.g. Excel, Visio).
- Interest in reverse engineering and vehicle electrification.
- Openness to collaborative work and skills for customer service.
- Sense of organization, rigor, and detail-oriented.
- Investigative spirit, autonomy, and resourcefulness.
- Aptitude for manual work and enjoy working close to the product.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel for work 20% of the time.
- A full-time permanent position with a flexible schedule.
- A company that offers real career opportunities.
- Inclusive and open-minded manager and direction.
- A company that appears on Global Cleantech 100.
Apply Here: [email protected]