You have the future of the planet at heart? Interest in smart and electrical mobility?
Effenco is a pioneer business in electrification and advanced connectivity of heavy-duty vocational vehicles. Our head office is located on the outskirts of the Lachine canal, in a historical building from the south-west industrialization era. The work atmosphere is typical of a technological start-up company, thus creative and casual. Created in 2006, this innovative business is in the high-growth phase and is looking to further expand its business unit on vehicle connectivity and data enhancements.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to be involved in the process optimizations and to suggest new ideas. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment that enables you to progress in your career while achieving personal development.
The System Administrator will be part of the IT team and will be responsible for ensuring the proper functioning of the computer hardware and software. Specifically, he/she will have to:
- Provide technical support to users in levels 1 to 3.
- Take charge of the execution and follow-up of external IT repairs/orders.
- Monitor the IT infrastructure across the various platforms.
- Ensure the proper functioning of the monitoring system.
- Ensure the administration of Windows, Linux, and VMWare systems.
- Create user accounts on the domain.
- Assign access permissions to users.
- Configure user accounts on the various applications.
- Ensure the termination of accounts and rights as needed.
- Participate in the development and implementation of various IT projects.
- Install, upgrade, and evolve hardware/software components.
- Manage the computer fleet, including servers, workstations, printers, telephone systems, mobile devices, antivirus, etc.
- Maintain inventory of hardware and licenses, including maintenance contracts.
- Establish a coded infrastructure strategy.
- Write and update documentation.
- Conduct ongoing IT security review and enforce best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, or any other relevant field.
- Proficiency in the following software: Microsoft Windows 10, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Office 365, Exchange Online, VMware / vCenter, Linux (Debian / CentOS) and, Rancher (1 and 2).
- Very good process analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Autonomy, rigor, and resourcefulness.
- Great technological curiosity.
- Ability to communicate in a concise and precise manner.
- A full-time permanent position with a flexible schedule.
- A company that offers real career opportunities.
- Inclusive and open-minded manager and direction.
- A company that appears on Global Cleantech 100.