You have the future of the planet at heart? Interest in smart and electrical mobility?
Effenco is a pioneer business in electrification and advanced connectivity of heavy-duty vocational vehicles. Our head office is located on the outskirts of the Lachine canal, in a historical building from the south-west industrialization era. The work atmosphere is typical of a technological start-up company, thus creative and casual. Created in 2006, this innovative business is in the high-growth phase and is looking to further expand its business unit on vehicle connectivity and data enhancements.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in the process optimizations and to suggest new ideas. Furthermore, we offer a flexible work environment that enables you to progress in your career while achieving personal development.
The intern will join the Dev-TI team. In this role, the main responsibility will be to participate in the development and production of a new IoT platform. Such as a long and complicated process, the intern will be delegated diverse tasks depending upon his/her interests and abilities. Specifically, he/she will have to:
- Develop and use the API REST.
- Integrate databases of time series’ type.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain cloud software.
- Use modern methods of development, from prototypes to tests, and automated deployments (DevOps, GitOps).
- Contribute to the elaboration of the IoT platform’s requirements with the business intelligence contributors.
- Develop, build, and maintain efficient codes that are optimized and reusable.Saut de page
- Develop and maintain user interfaces that will manage connected objects as well as data consulting both internally and externally.
- Create prototypes, models, and applications.
- Produce graphics dashboards and other means to provide data visualization.
- Ensure that the front-end works perfectly with the back-end (Websocket, REST API).
- Any other relevant tasks.
- Create and optimize ETL data pipelines.
- Develop applications and scripts for embedded Linux.
- Manage connected vehicles through IoT.
- Support the services through alerts monitoring.
- Undergraduate student in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Experience in web application software (an asset).
- Experience in management of connected objects (an asset).
- Interest and experience in DevOps and/or data engineering (an asset).
- Bilingualism (French and English) spoken and written.
- Highly organized, determined, and detail-oriented.
- Adaptable, team player, autonomous and resourceful.
The development stack of software used by Effenco includes:
- AWS : S3, Lambda, Iot Core, EKS, Glue, autres;
- Java, Kotlin;
- Python : NumPy, Pandas, Airflow;
- Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform;
- REST, JWT, GitOps.
- A full-time permanent position with a flexible schedule.
- A company that offers real career opportunities.
- Inclusive and open-minded manager and direction.
- A company that appears on Global Cleantech 100.